From:
Jason and Cheryl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:42:31 -0700
Well Im not sure how exactly to begin, or how to, but here goes.

Today has been a rather tramatic day for our 3 year old adoptie, and my
husband and I.  We went to the dentist.  I have been seeing Max's teeth
looking pretty dim with tarter, and his gums of late have gotten rather
angry looking, but with my fingers crossed tightly I had hoped that some
hard core homecare, and a good cleaning, Max would be ok.  Unfortunately
that wasnt to be.

Our wonderful Vet, Dr. James Anthony at the Cambie Animal Clinic here in
Vancouver BC, had to tell me that things looked bad.  Max is in need of
root cannals or exstractions of both his canines, and the small teeth
behind those may need to be removed as well, depending on what the x-rays
show.  He has also developed a heart murmer, probably due to the teeth
and gum disease.

The grand total, 1000 canadian dollars.

Right now I have been able to get Max on anitbiotics and have Hexarinse
to ease the pain in his gums, but Dr. Anthony has said he is in constant
trobbing pain from his canines.  Just telling you this, makes me feel
like an absolutely horrible Ferret Momma, I hate that he is in pain.

Now..  I am scrambling wildly to find the money..  damn them at Pet
Plan for not accepting Ferrets.  I am currently in a Veterinary Office
Assistant Program and so as a student, who is supporting a family have
little in the way of finance.  I can keep Max on antibiotics, but they
are only going to keep his current condition from getting worse, from
what I have understood.

So well, here's where I bite the bullet I guess..  and please please
please know I don't like doing this.

I don't honestly know where I can get a 1000 dollars, and so am appealing
to you ferret folk out there for help.

I have a paypal account ([log in to unmask]).  If folks could possibly
donate a small amount, hopefully we can raise enough that we can make
up the difference and get him the dental work he needs.  I hate to ask,
though my babies have to come before my pride I guess.

I also understand that some may be dubious of plea, and if I can ease
your mind in anyway..  please email me.

Cheryl and her 7
http://members.shaw.ca/cjkryska/ferretbabies.htm