From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 10:04:09 -0500
Probably because my name's all over the FAQ and Usenet, I get a fair number
of ferret-related questions (usually 1-5 a day).  It's getting to the point
that I can no longer keep up with them all, particularly not if I also want
to keep Ferret Central and the FAQs updated.

I'm looking for a handful of experienced ferret folks to volunteer to be on
a "team of experts" to handle questions I get.  Typical questions range from
"who's a good vet near me" to "why are ferrets illegal in Claifornia" to "I
read the FAQ, but I'm still having problems litter training" to "my jill has
rejected her kits, what do I do now?" If you tell me your "specialties" I'll
forward the questions appropriately when I can, or I'll just send a list of
team members' addresses to the asker and s/he'll get in touch directly.

Drop me a note if you're willing to help.

--
- Pam Greene
Ferret Central <http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/>

[Moderator's note: Fortunately, or unfortunately, not sure which, I think
many of us are in a similar position.  It's *very* time-consuming, and I'm
sure Pam gets more questions than I do.  Sometimes I just send people the
FAQ, or parts of it, and if it's not an emergency and there's an interesting
story behind it, I'll offer to direct the question to the FML - a lot of
subscribers got on the list that way!  BIG]