From:
"Diane E. Emery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 11:17:28 -0600
Hi all. I have run into what may or may not be a problem.  After a recent
visit from a friend's dog, Rocket decided that a water bowl was about the
coolest thing on earth, especially if it had icecubes and toys floating in
it! (picture small sable fuzzy pushing a rubber ducky around in a huge
water dish!) Well, now it seems as if he is refusing to drink out of the
bottle in his cage that he has always used. He drinks lots more when he is
out of the cage because the bowl is always there but his bottle has not
moved an inch (it is working-I checked. I wouldnt be concerned exept that
he is in his cage while we are at work. He seems completely fine...eating
normally and very playfull, no signs of dehydration-gums look good etc.
Should I consider putting a bowl in his cage? I dont know if it is healthy
for him to go all day without drinking. Any suggestions?

Diane