Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:20:08 -0700
Hi everyone,

I appreciate everyone's posts and support on the Marshalls discussion.
But I'm afraid its getting a little off topic.  I mean, we can debate
every issue about them, whether we like them or not... But the issue that
I'm talking about here, is, that I would like to see them donate some
much needed money to help out our ferret rescues.  If you dont realize
how much trouble our rescues are in (no not all of them), but please go
back and read some posts about the different ones.  We've got shelters
closed to intakes becuz they are overfull with ferrets.  We've got other
ones closing becuz they cant afford the vet bills.  We've got some that
have both problems.  We read of these problems over and over.  And if we
dont do something big to help them.... we're going to lose them.  And
we've already lost some of them.  Which puts a bigger burden on the ones
that are still open.  What will happen to the ferrets when more and more
shelters close?

We all know that Marshalls is the puppy mill of ferrets.  Check with your
local shelters, and see how many Marshall ferrets they have, vs other
ferrets.  Please dont get me wrong, I myself have Marshall ferrets.  In
the past and currently.  Thats the only type of ferret I have ever owned.
I love my ferrets and I would do anything for them.  I love them so much,
I want to make things better for them.  And reading about these guys
sitting in shelters, waiting to have a needed surgical procedure done,
because the shelter must raise the funds to pay for their care - I want
to help them.  I know we all love our ferrets, thats why we're here - and
I'm sure that we donate what we can and when we can.  But, seriously, the
rescues need more help than what we alone can give them.

So I guess what I am saying is we can debate everything about Marshalls
under the sun, and I myself got off topic the other day.  I'm interested
in whether or not we can come up with some idea of how to get Marshalls
to donate some funds to the ferret rescues.  By writing, calling,
emailing... etc... If anyone wants to help me out, and I really
appreciate those who have voiced their support - but like its been said a
few times - "the squeaky wheel..." and "power in numbers"... Our shelters
really need big time help, and if you dont believe me, like I said, go
back and read the previous posts.  Call a few shelters in your area.
If you feel like contacting Marshalls and asking them if they could
consider donating some funds to our shelters: [log in to unmask] or
800-292-3424.  One person alone cannot do this, but hopefully if we all
write or call, and of course be polite, hopefully we can get some much
needed overdue help for our shelters.

Andrea