From:
Mark Zmyewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 07:59:59 -0500
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me before Saturday.  Buster had an ear
infection about two months ago and we treated with Tresaderm and Cefa drops.
During the treatment, I noticed that he started drooling.  My vet said it
could be a side effect from the Cefa drops, so I didn't really give it much
thought.

However, Buster's treatment stopped almost 2.5 weeks ago and he is still
drooling.  It doesn't matter what time of day it is, whether he has eaten,
or if he's been sleeping.  He paws at his mouth and shakes his head, but I'm
not sure it's because he is in pain or is just trying to get rid of the
drool.

We checked his glucose level and it is fine.

No blood has ever been found in his stool, but my vet says that it could
still be an ulcer.

My question is, "What do I do?" I'm going on a week's vacation on Saturday
and I want to start treatment, whatever treatment that might be, right away.
My shelter partners will be looking after my kids while I'm gone, but I
don't want them to be stuck with making the trips to the vet to decide what
treatment to use.

Any ideas?  Please email me, or call collect.

Thanks!

-Mark Zmyewski
 Cloud Nine Ferrets
 Huntsville, Alabama