Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 16:05:08 EST
Well, it's 3 days until Christmas and Aspen's gone.  I called her
BabyDoll... but her real name was Aspen.  She came to me by way of a
friend who was given to him by someone had found her running loose in
a drive-in movie theater.

At first they thought she was a piece of paper blowing.  A little albino.
Less than a year old.  They had advertised with signs trying to find who
lost her and then I had advertised in the newspaper looking for her
original home.  No one answered and so she became a part of my family.

She was always into something and going above and beyond where all my
other ferrets could go.  Her latest mission was the top of the freezer
(chest).  We thought we had her blocked off, but she would find another
way.  It was man over beast trying to outsmart her and was in that
process, but didn't take the time to make sure she wouldn't do it again.

Well today, she had been on top of the freezer 2 times, on top of my
dresser once and had made numeous attempts to attack my legs as I was
trying to walk.  Such as sassy one...when she wasn't being nosey!

My last sight of her today, was in the bottom of my washing machine.  I
found her there when I went to put clothes in the dryer.  She evidentally
had decided to find a place to nap inside my washer (which the lid was up
and had ferret bedding in it).

My Baby Doll has crossed the bridge today.  I feel just so very terrible
and so so terribly guilty.  I loved her so much and she's gone because I
didn' t make one last attempt to keep her off the freezer.  She had gone
from the freezer to the top of the dryer and into the open washing
machine.

Just a warning to you all to keep the washer lid down.  This was such a
useless tragedy.  Her buddies, Curtis Bigglesworth and Abbie will miss
her so much.  It had taken her a long time to make friends with 8 other
ferrets and they were starting to come around.

We lost Austin to cancer in early summer and Samsom to lymphoma at the
end of the summer...and now Aspen.

If someone knows of somewhere to buy a cremation urn, please let me know.
I still have Samson's ashes and would like to have Aspen with him.

God bless all your babies and hugs & kisses to all.

Thanks for letting me express my grief.

Connie