From:
David Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 02:03:01 -0800
     "Here it is, Santa!"  Tiny said, handing him the vial of iridescent
dust that he had requested.
     "Ah,"  Santa declared.  "Thanks, Tiny!  Now let us see if this works..."
     "What do you think you are doing?"  Wiggles said as Santa sprinkled
bits of the powder on each of the ferret girls.
     "Woah,"  Sammi exclaimed as her whole body began to tingle from head to
toe.
     "What IS that stuff?"  Rosie added, feeling light-headed.
     "It is magical flying dust,"  Tiny answered.  "Santa used it on his
reindeer a long, long time ago!"
     "Yes,"  Santa offered.  "That is right.  It gave my deer the power of
flight, so that they could pull my sleigh all over the world."
     "Do you feel anything?"  Tiny asked.
     "I feel hungry again,"  Maxie answered.  "Got any more raisins?"
     "Wait!"  Shiva shouted.  "I feel something in my legs..."
     "Me too!"  Rosie added.  "Almost like they are floating!"
     "Take a running leap,"  One of the sick reindeer in the bed suggested.
"Be careful not to crash though."
     "Yeah,"  Another reindeer provided.  "You might want to practice a
while before you take out any casualties..."
     "But ferrets cannot fly!!!"  Wiggles exclaimed in disbelief at the
whole situation.
     "Not until now..."  Santa said, smiling from ear to ear as he watched
Sammi run as fast as she could across the room and take off into the air
suddenly and then fly for a distance of five feet before slamming into the
lamp on the table and sending it soaring.
     "That was fun!"  Sammi cried out, recovering from the collision.
     "Let me try this..."  Rosie declared, backed up, and then ran full
force across the floor.  Halfway across the room, she lifted off of the
ground and began flying in circles in the air above them all.
     "Look at me!!"  Rosie yelled, as she performed dips and dives in
reckless abandon.
     "Me too!"  Shiva stated, as she had likewise taken flight above the
floor and was now doing laps in the air above the room.
     "Watch it!"  Maxie exclaimed, as she shut her eyes and heard the
simultaneous dooks from both Rosie and Shiva as they became one in the air
and plummeted to the soft bed below them.
     "So,"  Rosie asked one of the reindeer next to her on the bed.  "How
did you get that glowing, red nose anyway?"

     (to be continued...for more see http://home.aol.com/wildsidepu)