From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 11:50:13 EDT
I just wanted to follow up a poster that came on and said some pretty
positive things about Kat Parsons a few days ago.  I'm just bursting to
tell you all my experiences with her.  Let me begin by telling you that
I met her in real life, and her laughter is very contagious and she has a
very cute smile.  She is very warm.  Ya just wanna hug and squeeze her.
I loved how she was with my ferrets.  Most of all she made my Scotti feel
wonderful.  So much attention goes to Rocky, to our black eyed white, and
to Dippy for how pretty they are.... even to Gizzie for his unusual
coloring.  But Kat saw Pong walk out into the hall, and she gasped
loudly, "whooooo is that?!  What a strikkkkkking ferret".  Scotti felt
wonderful.  He loves Pong so much and is so proud of him.  He thinks he
is gorgeous and until then ... nobody ever told him so.  I love Scott so
much and that moment made me very happy.

Back to me, I mean that is what this post is about, me ... right?  No?
Oh, it's about Kat,,,,,riiiiiiight.  OKay well you all should know that
Kat is the one that gave Sean and Rocky a voice by publishing the first
webpages about them.  She encouraged me to write more about Sean and
Rocky as time went on.  She still voluntarily keeps up my website and
donates her time and her designing talents to my current site.  So it
is in part due to her, that we all can share in that miracle.

There is something special that Kat did for me once, that I just have to
tell you about.  You see three years ago, I couldn't read well.  I was
still recovering from a breakdown.  I could comprehend posts, emails and
short articles.  But not books.  Not even childrens books above a fifth
grade level.  I loved reading, but was truly handicapped at the time.
And I was stuck for years in limbo with that barrier prior to meeting
Kat.  The doctors couldn't even figure my problem out or help me with my
reading.  Kat kept saying, that I just had to find the "right book" and
find the "right magic".  Well my husband had a library of books that we
felt were the "right ones" downstairs.  All failures.  She told me to
get Harry Potter.  I just couldn't ask Scott for yet another book.  Not
again.  And I didn't want to fail ... yet again.  She said the Potter
series were easy to read, but good for adults.  Just pefect.  The first
book was short too.  I didn't wanna chance it, and dropped the subject.
Days later, I got a box.  I got a box with not one, but ALL the Harry
Potter books, each lovingly inscribed by Kat.  Lord, this woman had
nothing but she generously sent me this great gift.  I thought to myself,
by God, I better try and read these.  And I did.  I couldn't understand
much of the first one, but I read it.  By the time I was three quarters
of the way though the book, things started to click a little.  I wasn't
stressed, and I was intriqued so then I picked up the next book.  And
things slowly got better.  By the time I hit the third book, Scott caught
me up at 4am reading with a huge smile on my face.  From there on the
pace picked up.  My reading got better.  I even read Hannibal later on.
LOL.  That was a true milestone for me.  My reading is still getting
better every day.  All because of Kat.  She really cared.  She placed a
lot of faith in me and I worked hard to live up to that.  And it worked.

Can you think of a greater gift?  Than to lean to read when you couldn't?
Because I couldn't.  I had a severe mental handicap from my disorder.
Yet faith, caring, generosity and love overcame that.

Thanks Kat!

Wolfy

Wolfy's site has MOVED to:
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com/