From:
"Anna M. Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 14:17:56 +0000
Susan,
No matter how hard I try I always seem to knick one of my kids when I trim
nails.  Well, not EVERYtime, but certainly more times than I'd like.  The
best thing I've found is a powder you get in the BIRD section of a pet store
called Kwik Stop (spelling may vary).  Sprinkle a little bit in the lid of
the bottle.  If you clip too close, take a pinch of the powder and press it
into/onto the nail.  I've never had any problems.  The stuff lasts forEVER.
I wish I could tell you the price range (not more than a few bucks) but it's
been so long since I've had to buy any.  I imagine if you already have a
styptic pencil that would be fine, but I think that Kwik Stop is a great
investment.

Good luck!

Anna (who would never tell feisty K-Nack it was okay to bite. I'd be
using the Kwik Stop on myself!)