From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 May 2011 19:29:14 -0500
This is Susie Lee who told you-all two days ago that a little book of
mine that includes stories about (real and true) ferrets was "up" and
available on Amazon's Kindle (here is that link, again .....Here's a
link to your book in the Kindle store:
Tales Of Fur and Feathers (Stories from a Closed Shelter)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YWQH8E

The closed shelter used to be The Ferret & Dove Sanctuary, Inc. Okay,
now the *reason* why my little book is on Amazon's Kindle is that four
weeks ago I was GoodSearching (for Save Our Shelters now that mine is
closed) for no-cost self publishers and already knew about Publish
America, but then came across, in Searches, the Kindle self publishing
program.

This I Very Highly recommend especially to anyone who wants to slap
together some words and stories FOR any shelters at all, because in
the United States, Kindle says the royalties are (hold onto your hats,
they're about to get blown)...SEVENTY per cent for the authors. (yeah,
my hat got lost in-orbit when I read that...it's in their contracts,
too! :)

So, "wow", I put together all I could think of, and now have five
different titles "up there" which will hopefully supplement my
growingly meager social security income.

I have also re-contacted PublishAmerica and they've accepted the
manuscripts of the first two books I've put up on Kindle. When I get
some more stories of the various critters all writen into it, then I
will submit the "enhanced", or filled-out version of "Tales of Fur and
Feathers" to Publish America, which I'm sure they will accept because I
Do try very hard to keep everything off-color out of what i write for
the public.

Now since I have contracted with Kindle as the e-book publisher I would
violating that contract if I re-submitted my manuscript to Barnes and
Nobles' "Nook", so I can't do that; and the thing about Publish America
is that they shoulder the expenses of publication in printed form so
that the author's royaties are just eight per cent for the first five
years or so. Plus from the time a manuscript is accepted by them until
it actually does see its printed form can take up to a year and a half,
as I learned when we had our children's book published by them (the
ISBN number of it is 1-4242-8395-2, How the Winter Frog Came to Was, by
Wes Hurley, Illustrated by Susan J. Lee) so you tell me! Have Publish
America publish your book or Kindle? Like I said, i highly recommend
all you other shelters to publish something "for" your shelters via
Kindle, the expenses (zero) and the royalties (hefty! :) , make your
time well worth it!