From:
"Ferrets First Shelter, TX" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 12:49:00 -0400
To Becki:
So sorry to hear the sad news about Escher.  Be comforted in knowing you
gave her so much to make her life wonderful during the time she spent with
you.  It takes alot to 'allow' our babies to be utilized in some way after
they leave us, to help in the medical community, but I did the same with
Cocoa Puff.  I allowed the vet (Dr. Jarrett) who "took away her suffering"
to keep her for the day so he could learn all he could from her.  I picked
her up that afternoon from him and she just looked as if she was resting
peacefully.  I laid her to rest under a beautiful tree on my property that
evening.  I am hopeful that what the vet learned through Escher's passing
may someday help another ferret.  Keep the good memories, she will always be
with you.

To Lynn:
Look for a personal response to your mail from me.

To Laura:
Check out Pam Grants list of clubs, shelters, vets, contacts, etc., call
***all*** of them near you, and gradually expand from that, I am sure
someone can help you locate a shelter or a needy fuzzy in your area.

To everyone:
***Support your local Ferret Club (or start one)
***Support your local shelter (or start one)
***Support The Shelter Fund Program
***Sponsor a needy Fuzzy  (there are plenty of them!)
***Kiss a Fuzzy today

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter