Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:40:21 -0700
>My question is for those of you out there who have deaf ferts - how do
>you "call" them when you are looking for them in your house?
>
>Jacci Copeland

Hi Jacci, list:

Its been a month of Sundays since i posted...i apoligize

We have two deaf ferrets, yeti and sterling, they were both silvers with
beautiful dark legs when they were young, both are now dark eyed all
white whites.

We have found that there is no calling them, when it is time to round
them up you go to their favorite sleep sites, then their backup sleep
sites, then a double check of the cage then to the panic mode as they are
both the world class escape artists, yeti the grand champion.

It seems to me the deaf ferrets are much more visually aware.  Both of
our dark-eyed whites act much more guilty should you walk into the room
and surprise them.

Either that or they are actually guilty of something.....

The real surprise is during round up time is when we find all 5 have
returned to the cage....i feel they do it intentionally...just to get
you to panic mode....

rob lipinski in phx
yeti
sterling