From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:25:43 EST
Well, they say nothing is free -- but that's not quite true.

First some history.  My name is Chere McCoy and I have been running the
Ferret Friends of Indian River County Ferret shelter since January 19,
1991.  We have taken in over 900 ferrets in the last 10 years.  We had to
close the shelter in August as all the floors were torn out, new 3/4inch
ply wood put in and new carpet.  In September I had a bout of pneumonia
then again in late October through the last part of November I came down
with another bout of pneumonia.  Meanwhile our Shelter Artist Barbara
Chonjaki was busy producing this years crop of Ferret Angels.  Well, I
was very sick and really couldn't get them up on the FML.

Our shelter is in deep financial disarray, we owe over $1,400 dollars in
Veterinary bills and the shelter ferrets cannot go to the vets nor can we
take in any ferrets (because they all need to be checked by the Vet until
we pay it off most of the debt

This year what I am going to do with the ferret angels is this.  We have
13 Angels of peace and 12 Gingerbread sprites.  For the first 25 people
that e-mail me with their address (where they would like their angels
sent) we will send them to you.  Inside the box with the angel will be an
empty self addressed Stamped envelope.  The address on the envelope will
be Westside Animal hospital.  Inside will be a little form that says.
"please place the enclosed amount toward the Veterinary bill of Ferret
Friends of Indian River County Ferret Shelter".  If you choose you can put
a check inside and mail it to Westside.  For those who would like to
donate by credit card please feel free to do so through Paypal, receipent
name [log in to unmask] (if you want to contribute this way please mark it as
a donation).

For those that would like to view the angels please go to:
www.picturetrail.com     In the Visit Album type:  agedog1    Click on the
Ferret Christmas Angels 2001 album (it is the first one on the left side)

Please send your name and address (where you would like your angel sent)
to: [log in to unmask]  We only have 25 of these beauties so get your name
and address to me ASAP

Thank you and may your Christmas be happy, peaceful, and full of love

Chere McCoy
Shelter Mom, Ferret Friends of Indian River County