From:
Klemens Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:52:58 -0800
Alexandra,

I would recommend a Ferret Nation cage. Yes, they now are really
expensive (I just looked, I can't believe how expensive they are
now), but they are easy to clean with the removable tray. I did have
a cracked tray on arrival, but a replacement was sent with no problem.
I have a friend who bought a Feisty Ferret cage, she finds it to be
a pain to clean. I personally don't like the fact they walk on wire
in that cage. I also knew someone who had one of the ones with lots
of tubes attached, he also said it was hard to clean.

Back to the FN cage, one level would be enough for two bachelors,
though they would have lots of room in a two level. I have the two
level just because at the time my two were not getting along and I
thought they would never sleep together (besides, at the time it was
cheap enough, that was only a year ago). Now it's great for sleepovers.
A lot of shelters are using the FN cages to so that says something.

Another thought, maybe you could get a playpen with an additional panel
set or two playpens and let them have that to play in when doors and
such are open. I have the one from Midwest as well and am happy with it.

Tracy