Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:04:23 -0800
This won't make sense and I am sorry. Been up all night long. Rushed
him to the vet this am.

In event vet dosn't know what is wrong with him, anyone know what it
means if ferret walks sideways, is weak. Pale gums. Sun he had MESSY
bad poop running green yellow black tarry (I KNOW ULCERS) and look
like a think mucous thing in the middle of it.

Sorry this is not very organized and detailed. I am VERY upset and
sick with worry and didn't sleep last nite. and getting a migraine.

At the vet, they did Xrays and blood work both in house and some to
send out. Tommie is anemic. His tummy is very full of gas and looks
agitated according to the vet. They want to fast him and take Xrays
later this afternoon.

I will give up eating to save Tommie, but I can't believe it is ANOTHER
$424.42 (estimate can alway go higher) that I can't pay. My dad will
kill me when he sees I put it on Care Credit. This can't be happening
again!! And then God forbid he would need surgery??????

I have been feeding him PLAIN pumpkin in with his ducksoup. I haven't
seen poops that great in a long time!! Every now and then they would
get weird loking. I have also been giving Ferret Lax! Is there a thing
as TOO much pumpkin???

Tommie has been doing SO GREAT since his surgery. Playing like he
hjasn't played all last year. Eating on his own!! Yesterday things just
weren't right. But today when all this happened I knew something NEEDS
to be treated or else.

OMG!! I can't believe it. My Tommie is in the hospital AGAIN!!!!! HE
was doing sooo well!!! I can't lose him!! PLEASE.....I just can't!! He
is my every breath and my life and my being. He follows me everywhere.

I will try to compose more detailed letter when my head is thinking
straight. Going to try to get some shut eye. Getting a migraine.

It scares me. He is so weak. Glucose was normal. While in inside
removing hairball they said his pancreas looked GREAT! I am just so
worried about him walking sideways and collapsing. That is NOT normal!!

I really really hate writing about this (so PLEASE forgive me...you
never know if someone is in a position they can help another unless
you ask.)...I am so desperate! In the event anyone is able to and
willing to contribute to Tommie's vet bill this time around, I would
suggest calling the vet TODAY before 5 PM. Their Phone number is
(717) 361-7665. Their name is Companion Animal Hospital. The reason I
suggest to call by 5 today is because after they run more bloodwork he
might be able to come home tonight. Depends on how he is. AND this
vet WILL NOT take payment arrangements. So payment is due at time of
service. I would think IF Companion An Hosp knows someone will be
sending something in, I think that would be okay with them/ I didn't
even think to ask. Last Oct/Nov some kind generous soul mailed a check
directly to Companion An Hosp and they DID apply it to my account as a
credit.

I can always put Care Credit info back on in a future message if anyone
would want to help there. Oh and I found out HOW you can mail the check
DIRECTLY to Care Credit. I also have Paypal. My old account is still
working.

Great I just realized, my oil is about out and I don't know when I can
get it filled.

My disability hearing should soon be happening. I HOPE AND PRAY SO
ANYWAY. So then I can fend for myself much better and not sound so
needy.

I am so upset that I am going through this again. I TRULY am NOT using
people. I truly was blessed for those of you wondeful souls who did
help me in Oct/Nov 2008. I never ever expected it would happen. But
then we are ferret ppl! PLEASE forgive me for putting in there that I
am desperate for help. I would not even ask for anything if it were
just me!! But when it comes to my ferrets, they are my KIDS!!!! I NEED
THEM!!

Above all else, I hope you will at least honor me with one request,
PLEASE KEEP TOMMIE IN PRAYER THAT HE RECOVERS.

A bit off topic, but since most know about my wrist surgery, well my
wrist is getting worst. If you care to know more, I will email in
private.

sorry for typos. and baby talk or confusing talk.

From ~ Melanie

"A cat or dog steals your heart, but a ferret steals your &soul."