From:
kathryn terhune-cotton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 15:37:23 -0700
I'm behind as usual here so please forgive me if this has already been
discussed.  I'm a bit concerned about Jester though and I don't have time
to read the 8 digests sitting in my "in box" just now!

Jester seems to be spending these recent "dog days" sleeping.  He is still
active in the early morning and late evening when it cools off.  He is
eating, but not quite as much as usual and seems to have lost a little
weight.  He is not emaciated or dehydrated though, poops are normal.  He
doesn't appear to be sick so I haven't called the vet.  Do ferrets usually
act this way in summer?  I know *I* certainly feel listless and have a
decreased appetite in this heat and it certainly affects my dog
dramatically - so I'm guessing it's a common effect on ferrets too but I'd
like a little feed-back from the experienced ferret folk.

Thanks,

Kat, K.C. & Jester  doing a slow bake in rainy
Oregon! (HA!)