Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:04:55 -0400
On March 18th, MaFF held its election for Vice President and Treasurer
at the home of our webmaster and Clerk. I am pleased to announce that
our new Board of Directors is as follows:

President - Phyllis Spy
Vice President - Donna Connors
Clerk - Jody Renouf
Treasurer - Bill Harkins

Donna is a new member to the board and she brings many gifts and
talents to MaFF. She has been a ferret owner and MaFF member for
many years and has served on many committees (Membership Coordinator,
Food Committee at MaFF events, etc.). The board is looking forward
to our future meetings with Donna's contribution of homemade goodies
to munch on.

Bill is serving a second term as Treasurer and, I for one, can say
that he has done an excellent job of handling our finances. He has
single-handedly inplemented and maintained our finances with QuickBooks
software. His time and dedication to this task has resulted in much
needed and improved reporting of MaFF's financial status.

Our election in March is also a time for MaFF members to celebrate the
legalization of ferrets in Massachusetts in 1996. It is at this time
that we reflect on the hard work done by a handful of ferret lovers to
change the laws in Massachusetts to allow us to legally own ferrets.
This change made it possible for us to have these meetings as well as
our many ferret events. My deepest thanks and gratitude go out to these
folks!

In keeping with the celebration of our ferrets being legalized, MaFF
presents an annual Ferret Appreciation Award to a person or persons,
who have given much to the ferrets. The recipients of this award are
nominated and voted on by the Board of Directors. I am proud to
announce that Alan and Jo Ouellete were presented with the 2007 MaFF
Ferret Appreciation Award (and a gorgeous set of bedding) for designing
and building the MaFF Ferret Playground, their tireless work with
fostered ferrets and their dedication and commitment to MaFF Adoption
Days, Education Days and yearly events. Congratulations, Alan and
Jo.... we love you both far more than we can say.

MaFF's 2nd General Meeting is scheduled to take place sometime in May
and will be hosted by...... Alan and Jo! We look forward to seeing
many of our members at this meeting, when we will be discussing future
events, such as our Ferrets of the Caribbean event in September.

Phyllis Spy
President, MaFF