From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 10:14:05 -0500
>From:    lisa blohm <[log in to unmask]>
>ok, i just cut my ferret---- toenails... there was a lot of blood and
>styptic sounds easier than it really is to apply.... its 10:30 pm..  how
>much blood is too much?  and was it a bad idea to put aq bandaid on it?
>i'm wondering how i'm gonna get it off.  anyone?

Imdon't find the styptic powder hard to use at all.  I just pinch up a
small amount between my thumb and forefinger then pinch the ferret's nail
with it.  I hold for just a minute then release.  Leave the powder on the
nail.  It wont hurt and you wont start the bleeding again.  A Band-Aid
is probably worse than useless as the ferret will have a fit trying to
remove it.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde