From:
Phyllis Spy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:11:24 -0700
Tyler and I would like to thank all who took a few minutes out of their
busy schedules to vote for Tyler in the Fuzzy Central Photo Contest.

The idea started as a "Why not" sort of thing and I posted Tyler's
professional portrait taken by Struminsky Photographers in April.  The
month of July started out with an email from Jody at Fuzzy Central to
remind me that Tyler's picture had been entered into the contest.  After
that the work began with emailing friends, family, and co-workers and
asking them to vote for Tyler.  For anyone never having done this,
believe me it is a lot of work asking for votes.  As some of you
might know, I even emailed President Bush and requested a vote, but
AutoResponder said that he was too busy at this time.  Oh well (sigh).

Well, it is 8:00PM on July 31st and Tyler is clearly not going to win the
contest.  However, Tyler will always be a winner in my book.  Since I told
him that the prize might be Cheweasels, I have purchased a multi-flavor
pack and will place it in his favorite spot tonight so that he can find
them and I will tell him they are from the Fuzzy Central Good Fairy.

Now, I would like to finish by saying that we really did win.  Not the
contest, but something greater!  Friends from FML, MaFF, Northeast Ferrets
and others, who were very supportive and very encouraging.  I want to
especially thank Wolfy (for the wisdom and encouragement on owning a deaf
ferret), Kat (for her encouraging emails that always remind me of what true
friendship means), Lynda (sp?) from Canada for her humorous and encouraging
email and to everyone else whose name I can't recall at this moment who
emailed Tyler and I.  There is no prize in the world that could top this.

Thanks to all and hope to continue hearing from you.  Tyler says "Dook,
dook, chuckle" to all.

Phyllis
Mom to Duchess, Tobey, Tyler, Jenny, Molly B. and
Joshua