From:
Sara Munz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:08:57 -0700
OK, here we go again.

1. These are not rumors.  These are my personal experiences from a few
years ago as clearly stated in my post.

2. What does my personal life have to do with this?  As it happens, as
Maggie kindly posted, FURRY is still thriving in St. Louis.  (And still
taking in ferrets from an animal rescue group in Chicago - they don't
seem to mind working with us.)

3. I am delighted that GCFA was able to transfer ferrets to a shelter in
Michigan.

4. If the board had a problem with FURRY for any reason, they should have
taken it up with us.  As you have stated before, you are NOT a board
member and it is not your concern.  The one time that we picked up
ferrets from the GCFA we heard nothing but gratitude from Norm (who is
a wonderful man, by the way!).

5. There are many relatively inexpensive but safe ways to treat fleas.
That is a bad reason for not wanting to be at petstores.  I know some
shelters won't adopt outside the shelter, but still do ferret information
days at petstores.  In my opinion, the more people who know that you
exist, the better chance you have of finding homes for ferrets.  (Even
the old, bald, sick, ones.)

This is my last word on the subject.  I no longer live in the Midwest and
I do not expect to have any dealings with the GCFA.

Sara (the fuzzies stole the "H")
  and Zeus, Taranis, Spice Girl and Orlando