From:
Alicia Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 18:18:47 -0700
Although it seems we are quiet, things have been very busy at Ferret Wise.
I am happy to say we have placed an abandoned / stray which entered the
shelter 30 days ago she has foumnd a lovoing home and companion ferret Greta
has the world in front of her once again!  ....and a near death ferret
intake this past weekend-- due to starvation and dehydration - being left
out of doors in last weeks heat -- seems to be gaining ground-- we hope to
be able to report in the next few weeks whether Casper-- (more like a ghost
than a ferret upon arrival) will graduate into the adoptable category!!!
And the other wonder of last weekend was a near fatal anaphalactic shock
reaction to a sole rabies vaccination-- we weren't expecting that--(
thankfully the covering vet stayed right with us for a lengthy recovery!!)
of a vibrant healthy 1 1/2 year old late alter male.  We are happy to report
this kid is doing fine-- and will be available for adoption soon.

In all the scurrying and hurrying I omitted to thank two more dollar fund
donors of the SOS fund... so may I say here-- thank you-- the response we
see from the FML readers gives us the fortitude to continue even when we
face overwhelming odds.  A note and kind words go a long way-- and as others
have told you just one single dollar when used at the right moment can make
the difference between life and death of any ferret.

We have added a short shelter history to the Ferret Wise web page-- and I
would like interested readers in your leisure to glance at where we came
from and why we do this work.  For those thinking of sheltering in the
future it may give some reinforcement, or prepare you for the long road
ahead.  You will find it under the shelter notes tab ( button) on the main
page at

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html

Again thank you to all who have kept in touch with us -- and to those who
support this work.  The ferrets really appreciate it-- and so do we!

Fondly-- from volunteers and ferrets
at Ferret Wise