From:
Infinite Art <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 22:17:49 -0500
My sweet and oldest ferret Rocky passed quietly in his sleep the
morning of March 6th. He was 8yrs old but always acted and looked young
until the last few weeks of his life. I held him in my arms until
2:30am and between then and 9am he had passed. He was in the same
position in his sleep sac that I put him in when I laid him down. I had
a scheduled appt. that day to put him to sleep...he was tired, weak and
underweight from his battle with heart disease and suspected spinal
lymphoma, and had pretty much given up on eating so I knew it was time.
Somehow his quiet passing was a blessing. He was home with me, in his
sleep sac that he loved, and warm with familiar smells. Somehow I knew
he would go to the rainbow bridge that night. I gave him lots of kisses
before I laid him down that last time and told him it was ok to go to
sleep. The next morning I woke to a sunny day...it had been gloomy and
rainy for more than a week...I just knew he was gone. He leaves his
cagemate Max, my last ferret and me, saddened by his passing, but with
much love of his memory.

I have some things to offer that I can't use anymore but I hope a
shelter can. I have 1/2 a bottle of Enacard liquid (heart med) and a
small amount of liquid Lasix left. A plastic corner litter pan (never
used), and a 3 pack of disposable litter boxes. My hope is that these
items, while small, may help to improve the quality of life for another
sweet ferret.

I will also have an older Peter Koch cage to donate, available next
week. I've had it for many years but now with only 1 little one left,
I just ordered a slightly smaller cage. The Koch cage I have is the 3
story (full levels) castle cage with black PVC coating and pull out
metal tray. It measures approx. 50" H x 48" W x 24" D. It's in good
shape. The only issue is the pull out tray has deteriorated in spots
where the boys have missed the potty over the years. Basically the
urine has eaten a few layers of metal in the corners but hasn't gone
all the way through. For the last few years, I've just lined it with
newspaper and it's works well. If anyone is interested in the cage,
please let me know. I can email a photo if you like. I'm in CT and it
can be picked up or possibly delivered for the cost of gas. I'd like it
to go to a shelter or someone who has a few ferrets looking to upgrade
their home.

Warmest wishes to everyone and their fuzzies.

-Noelle & Max