From:
Carrie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:44:57 -0600
Hello, it is Carrie Sanders again.  I want to take this time to thank
everyone for your responses regarding Snowie and her health issues.  I
did start feeding her the baby food mixed in with a duck soup recipe,
and at first she loved the food.  I was able to give her two successful
feedings before she completely gave up.  At about midnight last night,
she just started laying there.  She wouldn't move for anything, not even
to use the bathroom.  I could not feed her anymore because she would not
open her mouth for anything.  She just lay there with her listless eyes
staring into the distance.

I held her for about an hour last night wrapped up in a warm towel, just
rocking her.  I knew it was the end and I wanted to spend as much quality
time with her as I could.  I laid her to sleep at about 2:00 a.m. and
made sure she was as warm and comfortable as possible.

She died sometime in the very early morning hours.  I'm not sure when
because I was trying to sleep myself, but not being very successful at
it.  I awoke at 6:30 a.m.  this morning to find her peacefully laying
there never to again wake up.

I'm having a lot of trouble holding back the tears long enough to write
this message.  Please do not email me just to say it was my fault for not
getting her to a vet soon enough or anything like that.  I know there is
more I could have done, and trust me, I'm beating myself up inside enough
over it.

So in conclusion, Sandee, please be on the look out for a pretty little
albino girl.  Remember, she has always been an only ferret and has no one
to greet her at the rainbow bridge.  Help her to find some friends to
keep her company until her mommy can be with her again..

Sadly,
Carrie Sanders