From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:29:38 -0500
This morning I received a heart-breaking call from Rose Bruce of
Angie's Song Ferret Rescue. Father Nature's Ferret Rescue in New Jersey
has burned and 25 ferrets have died. Only 3 ferrets remain. As you
know, Support Our Shelters only helps ferrets with the funds in our
account. However, we can still make an appeal for this ferret rescue.
You can send donations directly to them through Rose. If you wish to
support the remaining ferrets and if you prefer to receive a tax
deduction for your donations, you can give through Support Our
Shelters. Information for donating both ways is provided below.

Here is the email I received from Rose this evening. She gave me
permission to post any part of it to the FML.

We began Angie's Song Ferret Sanctuary in July 2007. The goal was to
get as many "un-adoptables" as we were able to handle, and provide them
with a happy life. Not so far along the journey, I met Keith Krysz, of
Father Nature's Ferret Rescue. We spoke via telephone for quite a
while, and once Keith saw that I was an experienced ferret handler (10
yrs of biters), he asked me if I would be interested in taking in an
elderly adrenal girl. Naturally, I said yes. Nina was our 1st resident,
and is STILL with us today... It did not take long for our relationship
with Keith & Evelyn to grow and flourish into a close partnership.

We have 29 residents at Angie's Song, ALL unadoptable, due to illness,
age or social issues, and the majority of our "crew" are from Father
Nature's. They will stay here with me forever.

This morning, I got a call from Keith. It was a phone call telling me
that his house was on fire, and everything was lost...including his
beloved ferrets. The cries that I heard from this man were not about
any of his possessions, they were about his "babies". The ones he comes
home to every night, the ones that he races to the vet for, and the
ones he has spent hundreds of hours nursing back to health after abuse
& neglect, the ones that he hold symposiums in Petco for... They are
indeed his babies. Today, all of that ended with a tragic fire.

25 fuzzies that lost their lives today. 25 fuzzies that were beautiful
and charming, and just waiting for someone to love them. 25 ferrets who
never had a forever home. The entire house is gone, although 3 ferrets
have survived. One of the survivors is Charger, who is with me, as he
is a special needs guy, and the other 2 have been placed with another
dear friend.

For the last 2 1/2 years, Father Nature's has placed over 675 unwanted
ferrets in loving homes. 25 innocent little lives were lost today, for
reasons I cannot fathom. All of us with ties to the rescue are broken.
Yet, we will overcome, and we will survive. There is FAR too much to be
done in the Tri-State area, and we cannot allow anything to stop us
from achieving our goal, which is to rescue as many as we can.

I am asking each & every one of you for a small donation for Father
Nature's. I know first hand how tough things are, yet any amount will
help-every single dollar counts to re-build our shelter, and begin to
fight the good fight again.

I thank you in advance, and hope you will have a hand in helping us re-
build our dream. All donations will go toward the new shelter.

Please visit Father Nature's Website:
www.fathernaturesferretrescue.com
Donations can be sent via Pay Pal, or checks can be made payable to:

Father Nature's Ferret Rescue
c/o Angie's Song Ferret Sanctuary
2104 Oxford Place
Merrick, NY 11566
Ph. 516.705.5685

Sincerely,

Rose Bruce, Director
Angie's Song Ferret Sanctuary

www.angieferret.com
We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and
homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for
is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy
this kind of poverty. -Mother Theresa

Judith White, President and Founder
~~~~~ Support Our Shelters ~~~~~
100 Walsh Road
Lansdowne, PA 19050
610-626-6647

Helping the Shelters of the Ferret Mailing List
www.SupportOurShelters.org

Ask me how you can help a shelter near you.

Tax-Deductible Donations through PayPal to:
501(c)3 non-profit  Tax ID: 23-3062176