From:
"Jones, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 12:11:29 -0700
I have been reading the responses to the post about no more sad posts.  I
have heard a quote several times that seems to apply here.  I do not know
who to attribute it to, however.

"Shared pain is decreased, shared joy multiplied"

I think that pretty much sums up the purpose of the FML, absent the purely
informational content.  Having just lost a ferret I can attest to the caring
and concern of people on the FML.  I received a couple of wonderful messages
that really helped me in my time of grief.

Thank you for being here, everyone.

mike

Michael S. Jones
 NCR