From:
Krista Templeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:36:34 -0700
Hello Everybody,
First of all I'd like to thank everyone for the wonderful comments and
stories I received regarding the Sleeping not Dead experience I had, you
were all very helpful and supportive.  Now I have another question....

I am looking into getting a puppy.....My ferrets have never been exposed
to any other kind of animal (dog,cat,etc.)  I'm worried about how they
will react.  I have three who are all females and between the ages of
1 and 2 1/2.  They are all wonderful amongst themselves, only one is
completely fine with all people, including strangers.  The youngest is
a biter, even to her Mom, however she will not bite her Dad (figures!).
The middle one is very timid and nervous with strangers.  I don't know
if any of these personality traits would carry over to a new puppy, or
dog.  I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone has introduced a puppy
into a house dominated by ferrets before and has had issues or not??

I really appreciate your input.  Oh and the puppy I am hoping to get is a
American Staffordshire Terrier, they are a medium sized dog, about 30-60
lbs.  The breed is known to be good with small animals.

Thanks,
Krista