From:
Kristen Thelander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 15:55:38 -0500

Hi, all!  I remember having read Gary's post about showering with his
ferrets and I just wanted to report that I finally tried it with Emily.
Ususally, we give her a bath in the sink which she absolutely detests; she
sqirms around and claws at my shirt and tries to crawl up my shirt to hide
around my neck and shoulders under my hair.  So, the other night, i took
her into the shower with me.  She was really scared, though. She clung to
me for dear life, but she didn't squirm or claw or bite at all.  She
tolerated it much better than a bath and it was definitely a more pleasant
experience for us both.  I remember Gary having said that the ferret is
much more comfortable in a shower situation because it makes he or she
feel that they are doing something with you; they are not having something
done to them.  Thanks for the tip!

I am also sad to report that my Egyptian sand rat, Stubby has crossed the
Rainbow Bridge, but I am happy to think that now Nikki is there and will
play with him.  Thanks to those who prayed for him.

--Kristen and Chris (human authority figures)
--Casey (What?! Mommy didn't tell you all about my 3 foot leap from the bed
to the desk last night?  It's a new world record!  I can't believe she
spent her whole post telling you about Emily's dumb shower. Hmph!  I'm going
o have to have a little talk with her tonight!!)
--Emily (Casey's just jealous that she didn't get to go in the big rain
room with Mommy last night.  Dook, dook).