From:
Betty Rebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 04:21:59 EST
HI Angela...

First I would like to say that the decision you are conteplating requires
ALOT of love and care... It sounds to me like you already KNOW what is best
for your little fuzzbutt... I cant speak for everyone here but the insight
you're showing into your little girls needs is so valuable and it makes you
a good ferret mommy (even if you give her away)... being a parent means
doing what's best for your kids, furkids count!  I KNOW how hard it is to
part with a loved pet...

6 years ago I moved in with my mother after being on my own for 5 years...
I had a cat with me (Nosferatu, nossie for short)... he was a sweetheart,...
IS a sweetheart but he BONDED with my mother so when I moved out of her
home I made the decision to leave my loved pet where he was happiest with
my mommy... she loves him and takes wonderful care of him and I get to
visit whenever I want so... its easier than it could have been but I do
understand the depth of the decision...

I would also like to comment on the cost issue... I understand you would
like to have what you put in if your not going to have the pet but I think
you should consider the new owner... If you find a ferret friendly home
(somebody that already HAS ferrets) you might want to consider giving your
loved pet to them FREE ... you might even want to place an ad in your local
paper stating your are looking for an Established ferret home for your baby
and that the cost is negotiable... I think its better to find your baby a
place full of love than one full of money (not that they cant be one and
the same)....

One last thing... I understand that bonding happens really quickly with
pets ... try to remember that they bond too... if you are going to
surrender her to another owner you should do it quickly ... Im sure (even
at this point) she will miss her old mommy... but the sooner the better
so that the baby might be less traumatized by the move...

again... I would like to stress that if you KNOW in your heart that your
furkid would be better in another home, you shouldnt feel guilty for acting
on that... It makes you a good person... NOT a bad one!  A lesser person
would dwell on the guilt and keep a pet in a situation that is unhealthy
or happy for that pet... I respect you for even considering your little
furkids life.

Dooks, Dance and .... more poop??????
-Betty
http://profiles.msn.com.