From:
"Michelle P." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 12 May 1994 14:36:48 -0400
Hi All,

First a big THANK YOU for everyone's Kind words, Congrats, and Compliments.
You are all Awsome as Well !!!!!!

I really feel like I've accomplished something good for the Ferrets in our
area, and hopefully it will snow ball throughout the state.

As a matter of fact, I was called by our H.S yesterday, they wanted to know
what to look for in cases of abused or sick ferrets.  And it looks as though
they are going to be making a '' Run" soon.
Hopefully they can do something to change the conditions of that specific
facility.

>From:  Bridget Ferdinand<[log in to unmask]>
>I would say that you are a likely candidate to represent the
>FML during the media blitz

While I thank you for your vote of confidence, and would not turn the job
down if asked, it should be filled and handled by someone with more
experience with dealings of the media and Public eye.
- This was my first-
I know of a few people on the FML who could fill this position nicely.
I'm not trying to pass the buck, I just think that there are others who could
do a better job, and advance the progress instead of hindering it.

But one suggestion I would like to make... would be to appoint a Rep for each
state on the FML, (I'm sure that there isn't a person for each state here),
but there are Ferret contacts for each state on the STAR* Database, excluding
Hawaii, Alaska and a couple others I think.
This is just a thought for getting better organized and making the media
blitz more official and impressive to the powers that be.
Again  I may not be the person for our state, as there are a couple of people
in Ohio that maybe could do a better job.

But of course we still need one person to be the spokesperson or overseer.
 The suggestion was made, and a very valid one, (I forgot by who or when)
That we should ask one of the major Ferret club people, such as Fara Shimbo
of FURO.
She has published books and articles on Ferrets and appears to be the most
likely candidate.

Just a few thoughts, any one care to contribute?

P.S.  Patients to everyone who I haven't wrote back to yet, I'm still trying
to catch up on all the mail I put on hold, and AOL's mailing system was being
worked on yesterday.  So if you were trying to write, but couldn't get
through, I'm still here.  I think they have it up and working, Although its
VERY slow!

Take care all,

Michelle and The MASKeteers:-)