Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:18:46 EST
Dear FMLers.

Ok if there is this much misery going on there at Doug McCay's place
then why haven't the authorities been notified and the frets seized?
yeah I know that in some cases it makes a rescue a lot harder but then
they wouldn't be freezing in them dam cages in that Bastards back yard
would they? Folks if I seem heartless about all this it is things like
this really anger me to no end.

If this guy is having problems with his health then he should give up
the ferrets if he really cares a dam about them and not let them freeze
in the cold. Now I do know that some things do get blown way out of
proportion. But if this report is accurate the local ASPCA, or hell
maybe even PETA (whom I distrust greatly) may be able to put pressure
on this individual to bring about change for these lil guys and girls
out there in that Ohio Back yard. As I understand it he has maybe a
thousand ferrets living there?? How big is this guys back yard folks??
Is he on acreage or maybe a small farm? I heard about this from a very
well informed Ferret friend of mine whom I called today and she relayed
some of the info I have just read. We as a community need to act. get
the AFA involved (I also understand that this guy used to show frets
but was banned for several reasons relating to the overall health of
the frets he was showing..?) We need to do something to stop this abuse
if it is happening. Someone needs to go there and investigate and
report him if needed.

Why pay this monster if this is all true? Lets make this monster pay
for what he is doing and if it is really beyond his control, make him
surrender the ferrets to local rescues there and on the East Coast.
Hell I'd take afew if I could get them here. I am almost ready to move
back into my ferret room folks. That is hopefully about a month away.
My brats want their room back but the flooring altho going on, is
slowed a bit by lack of funds, but then aren't we all in that same
leaky boat?

Thanks for reading my rant but it is time we do something as a group.
We need to unite and let our voices be heard.

Fred Hurd
Reno Ferret Rescue

After All it is For The  Ferrets!!!