From:
Katherine Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 1994 10:54:07 -0500
> Date:    Sun, 11 Dec 1994 01:10:09 EST
> From:    "kenneth j. baxter" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Greetings from Houston
>
> Greetings to everyone on the Ferrelist from Houston,We would like to send out
> very fuzzy Holiday Greetings to all of the lovable fuzzies. We would like to
> know if anyone of the other fuzzies likes a certain drink like ours (Binky
> and Pookey), our little owners just love for us to give them a capful of
> Snapple Peach Flavored Ice Tea.  They will go to great lengths to get this

Hi, Kenneth -- welcome to the FML!  (As a CompuServe member, you should GO
PETSTWO and visit the ferret section if you haven't already)

Seems ferrets are individuals when it comes to obsessions with beverages
-- we've seen stories on this list from folks whose carpet sharks go ga-ga
over Coca-Cola and beer, among other things (neither of which is any good
for ferrets, of course).  Snapple is a new one on me, but somehow isn't
surprising!  I'd be concerned about the amount of sugar and caffeine they
would get from Snapple ice tea; otherwise, as an occasional treat in
*small* amounts it probably is OK.  Dr. Williams and our other vet-types
might have more insight into this, however.

> Date:    Sun, 11 Dec 1994 10:39:18 -0500
> From:    Michael Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: <No subject given>
>
> Could someone tell me about any important ferret laws or restrictions in
> Oklahoma.  I am moving to Norman soon and need to know if ferrets are
> welcomed or not.

Hi, Mike -- Oklahoma is NOT an FFZ (Ferret-Free Zone), though it is
possible that local laws in Norman may differ.  I have no information
about it, unfortunately.  You might check with local authorities (humane
society, animal control officers, health department) or local ferret
groups.  (Be forewarned, however, that you might get conflicting answers
from animal control, health dept., etc.  Sometimes, even though there is
no law governing ferret ownership, administrative rulings may be
ferret-unfriendly.  Also, some humane societies have been known to be
ferret-unfriendly.) Anyone else from Oklahoma out there on the FML who can
help Mike out?

Let me know what you find out; if Norman IS ferret-unfriendly, I'd like
to add it to the FFZ list.

--
         Katie Fritz -- Internet: [log in to unmask]
CompuServe: 71257,3153--S2 Ferrets Section Co-Leader, Animal Forum--GO PETSTWO