From:
Antoinette Lavern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 02:30:47 EDT
I am looking at treatment options and prognosis for my ferret Loki.  She
had a huge spleen removed a week ago.  The pathology showed lots of
tumors and its lymphoma.  Vet saw nothing else in her abdominal cavity
and there are no tumors he can feel anywhere else on her body.

I am trying to decide what treatment to go with.  She will start pred on
Thursday.

My vet can not do chemo in office unless its oral or injectable.  If I
decide to do chemo I will have to send her a 3-4 hrs away from home and
she will have to stay there alone and away from her human and fuzzy
family.

I am considering all options, chemo, holistic and palliative.  So if
anyone out there has advice please pass it on.

Thank you

Toni