From:
stardust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 19:24:32 -0500
My poor ferrets have had ear mites for what seems like FOREVER and the vet
put them on an oral suspension but said nothing about cleaning out their
ears.  The smell that most of them have that comes from their ears is
disgusting and I am here to tell you that cleaning out a total of 16 ears
is something of a job.  They really get mad at me when I am done and will
ignore me for a few hours afterwards.  The thing is, they seem to produce
so much ear wax and the black specks in them which are the ear mites are
never at a loss.  My vet never answered my question as to how long it would
take before these mites died and I want to know if I should even bother
cleaning the ears out anymore since this medication seems to have helped as
they are no longer scratching at their ears anymore.  It is just that God
awful smell coming from the ears!  It is terrible and I was told this was
due to the mites.  Any suggestions??