From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 10:03:01 -0700
This is a problem I can relate to!!  When our ferrets had use of the entire
room, they also choose to go by the door.  We ended up placing vinyl floor
mats by the door so clean up was much easier.  Then we ended up buying a 4
story cage, which really cut down on those litter misses.  That is, of
course, until our latest addition--Athena--came home.  She will go in every
corner of the cage, on every story!  It doesn't matter if there is a
blanket, toy, or food in that spot.  She also doesn't discriminate between
carpet (on the top floors) and vinyl (on the bottom floor).  We constantly
spot clean, and even recently we took the entire cage apart to give it a
good cleaning (including washing the carpets, etc.), only to find it
"messied" again the next morning!  She doesn't have problems using the
ramps, and she does occasionally use the actual litter box, although I'd
say most of the time she chooses not too.  We're at our wits end.  Any
solutions/ideas????

Jodi & Chloe & Xena & Athena (whew!)