Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 07:07:24 -0400
From:    John Rich <[log in to unmask]>
>I`d still love to see the "Absolute Groundswell all over the world of
>people changing the diets of their dogs(and cats) to a more 'natural'
>one", as was posted last night!  How about just the earthmovement right
>here in the good ole USA??  At least we could confirm or disprove
>something much easier in our own country, simply because we are
>here!, where the earthmovement is occurring!!  ....and most of THAT
>'groundswelling' is occurring around my waist!!>>

What difference does it make?  You appear to be one of those people that
is offended that a person chooses to feed "natural".  I really don't
understand that.  Kibble - only been around for 50-60 years.  Animals
eating naturally - millions and millions.  The reality is humans changed
the animals diet when they started feeding kibble.  Some of us are
choosing NOT TO CHANGE THEIR DIET and feed "natural".  I know I
personally keep meeting more people that feed a natural diet, but how to
get actual statistics on that number I really don't care too.  Because it
doesn't matter one way or the other.  And I don't have any actual proof
of this, I would bet that people actually going back to a natural diet
and being more concerned with what they feed their pets and becoming
vocal about it has made kibble manufacturers try and make a better
product so they don't lose customers.  Kibble will always be around,
it's too convenient for people for it to ever go away, but it will never
be "natural", and it will always be for man's interests first, the
animal's second.

Now if you can give a reasonable answer on why it is so important to see
some actual numbers of natural/rawfeeders in the US, then I may spend
some time and see if I can find any statistics if they are out there.  If
not, I suggest you figure out why you are so offended by those that feed
natural because it really should not offend you.  And as I mentioned, in
a roundabout way natural feeders may actually be benefitting the kibble
feeders by making the kibble mfg's try and make a better product for you.
I will mention again as I did in my other post my ferrets still eat
kibble, my dogs are naturally fed.  But this discussion has prompted me
to make another go at getting them (the ferrets) to eat a more natural
diet.  And thanks to all those that have provided some good and helpful
information on switching and feeding.  I think that info can benefit
everyone, natural or kibble feeders.

   ~Amy~