From:
Kathleen Hourihan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 10:28:56 -0300
Hi all!

My Charlie just returned home from three days and two nights at the vet's.
He's recovering from surgury to remove a blockage.  (again) He is supposed
to be confined to his cage.  The problem is, his cage is rather small, we
haven't used it since he was a baby, and he's used to roaming free about the
house.

When he was shut in the cage, he tried as hard as he could to get out, and
we were afraid he'd hurt himself if he kept it up.  (he showed no signs of
settling down).  So, he is now kept loose in my room.  (there's nothing he
can climb onto and hurt himself with)

But he still spends the large part of his time scratching at the door,
looking up at the doorknob, trying to get out.

Does anyone have any suggestions to calm him down and keep him confined for
the next 5 days?

Thanks in advance.

-Lita Hourihan