Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:54:42 -0700
Dooks all ~!

I am asking all of you to join me in prayers, good thoughts, and wishes
for a special little shelter kid.

Copenhagen is a 4yr old silver boy that was surrendered to the Oregon
Ferret Shelter a few weeks ago.  His right eye was injured and the area
infected.  Surgery was done to remove the eyeball and clean out the
infection.

Last week he seemed to be recuperating nicely.  He was active, responsive,
and very affectionate.  He was doing so well that one of the volunteeers
asked to adopt him.  The offer was declined at the time.  Shelter mom must
have had a feeling something was going to happen.

Just yesterday Copenhagen crashed.  It appears he has a serious bacterial
infection.  The loving kid who cuddled in my arms last week is now laying
there barely able to move.  He is currently on antibiotics and an IV.  A
few times while I visited today he was able to lift his head to look at
me.  There still seemed to be a spark in his eye.

Please keep him in your thoughts tonight.  Say a few words to the Powers
That Be for Copenhagens recovery.  Or, that if it is his time to leave,
it is peaceful and with the knowledge that there are humans who do love
him and care for him.

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Lacey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~
~Mocha~Nikki~Selene~Skooter~Tootsie~Peabody~Sierra~Elway~Sacramento~
 Mist the Fer-Kat, ~Stubbie~ the foster, and a rainbow of Guardian
 Fur-Angels.