Date:
Sat, 21 May 2005 16:57:05 -0400
Folks,

Gale here.  I didn't meant to start an argument about deaf fuzzies.  By
the way, Thank you Wolfy for the comment on why selling deaf babies is a
bad idea.  All I could imagine was ten-year-old Johnny's mother freaking
out when the baby screamed.  The poor baby would be summarily returned
(if he was lucky), and a new ferret-hater would be bad-mouthing our
little loves.

I don't appreciate the snide remark about complaining to get a fuzzy for
FREE.  For everyone's information, I did not complain about the store
selling a deaf ferret to get a free one.  I complained on principal, and
backed it up by placing Bandit in a ferret-owned home.  I did so after
making certain they knew what they were getting into.  I am also the
backup, in the event that something goes direly wrong and they can't keep
Bandit, he will come to live with me and my boys (as will their other
ferret, Musky, and their dog, Rudi).

However, I don't think that one point is coming across.  If we demand
that the pet stores do not SELL special needs animals, they will learn
that that adopting them out is hardly cost effective.  Then they will
pressure suppliers, like Marshall Farms, to breed for traits that are
better for the animals, such as disease resistance.

Regardless of how other stores handle special needs animals, the store I
am dealing with has always had a policy of adopting them out.  They have
a list of people who understand them and the extra care and love they
need.  The problem arose when a change in upper management resulted in an
enforced policy change.  The store manager was no more comfortable with
the new policy than I was.

I trust this clears up any difficulties in understanding my motives.

GEC @};~ and the Three Musteteers;
Athos {Mischief}, Porthos {Kaos} and Aramis {Trouble}