From:
Chip Gallo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1992 22:54:13 -0400
RELAY FROM GENIE PET-NET FERRET CENTRAL:

[long message follows]

D.BOWMAN8 [SHARON]           at 21:23 EDT

To All:

I have some distressing news.  The City of Renton wants to ban
ferrets. They want to classify them as exotics.  They held a
meeting yesterday at 3:00 and I found out about it at 10:00 PM last
night. Not a word in the papers anywhere.

I have the newspapaer article in front of me and I am so
heartbroken.

Tim Schlitzer (City Council) said the ordinance is designed to
protect neighborhoods.  Other exotic animals in the ordinance
include alligators, crocodiles, bears, cheetahs, wolves, primates,
raccoons, venomous snakes and fish, and the weasel family, which
includes ferrets.

If anyone wants to write to the City Council here is the address:

City of Renton
 Municipal Building
 City Council
 200 Mill Avenue South
 Renton, WA  98055

206-235-2586

The City Council Members are:
 Bob Edwards
 Kathy Keolker-Walker
 Nancy Mathews
 Toni Nelson
 Tim Schlitzer
 Jesse Tanner
 Dick Stredicke

Let's get some Genie Power [read this "network" power] at work
here.  I can't believe that they are doing this here.  I will not
give up my friends.

Thank you
 Sharon

[relay courtesy of Action Comm Research