From:
Leigh Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 10:36:12 EDT
For anyone who might be interested in aquiring a few sweet fuzzies... There
are two of the sweetest albinos in the West Town Mall Pass Pet Store in
Knoxville, TN.  They were purchased several months ago by a lady.  When
they were purchased they were kits and they were the only two in the store.
The lady later came back and saw new babies and realized that they came in
colors other than albino.  She managed to talk the pet store owner into
trading her these two for two sable kits, because she liked the color
better.

So now the pet store has these two big albino boys that are in a cage next
to any new squirmy kits they get in, does anyone see much hope for them
getting sold?  Oh, and the pet store would like to sell them as a pair.

We went by and played with them yesterday and they were so sweet.  One of
them is a huge teddy bear.  We'd say he weighs at least 3 lbs.  His front
teeth are also very crooked, but it's kind of charming in it's own way.  He
was so sweet, just a big old armful of awesome ferret.  The other one is
quite petite for an albino male.  He likes to mouth findgers and hands, but
doesn't really bite.  Whenever I put my hand into the top of the cage he
would leap up and jump into my hand.  It about broke my heart.

While we were playing with them a clerk came by and told us they'd take
$100 for the both of them (the sign said $150).  I just thought I'd let
everybody know, because I think these guys would make some awesome pets.
If we didn't already have 4, and weren't about to move to New York.....
(sigh).

Leigh