Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 01:00:07 -0600
I want to thank everyone who has sent me mail regarding the ferrets in my
couch problem.  It seems that, though this is a common problem, there is
virtually no good solution.  Unless you reinforce your couch with stapled
sheets and duct tape and hot glue, and even that doesn't hold long against
a determined ferret. *sigh*   The advantage they have to being so much
smaller than us AND having such nice long claws to dig with.  I keep
telling them I'm going to chop their paws off when I catch them digging at
the couch, and I warn them about how funny they'll look when I do it, but
they don't listen.  Think they're calling my bluff?  Maybe I give myself
away when I give them kisses right after scolding them...

Most people have given up and tossed their upholstered furniture and
switched over to futons. :)  Wonder if you can tell a ferret person simply
by the type of furniture and appliances they buy?  This solution will be
fine for me when I move to my own place again, but since I will soon be
cohabitating with my parental units once more, the couch problem remains
just that...a problem.  oh well.  We'll work it out or they'll kick me out,
one of the two!  ;)

Perhaps I should just give up and be proud of my kids for being able to
outsmart me.

Kristi (Kitchen Consultant with The Pampered Chef) and the Mad Menagerie:
        Mayonnaise, Clover, Luna, and Loki (Mustelid Mob of Mayhem)
        Boo (the cat) and Casey (the kitten)
(see the crew at:  http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/4093 )

Reach me by ICQ. My ICQ# is 194656 OR
by yucky AOL: My IM name is EmaniaE

ferrets are like potato chips...you can't have just one!