From:
Jennifer Morlanne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 1995 09:53:25 EST
Re: Length of FML
I don't often post to the FML (because if time) but I feel strongly about
this and just wanted to put in my $.02 worth.  I have been subscribed to the
FML for over a year and a half and I LOVE it.  I enjoy it because of all the
excellent medical information and assistance that is provided here.  I could
not have learned so much about ferrets in so short a time any other way.  I
love it because of all the WONDERFUL stories everyone has to tell - I realize
that I'm not so strange after all.  ;>) And I love to see the support we all
give those that have lost a loved one (although it always brings me to tears
:-( ).  This is a great forum for information on the status of legalization
of ferrets in FFZ's.  In other words, I don't want to see it change.
Fortunately, for me length is not an issue.  If we were to limit length of
posts or the subject of these posts, I feel, we would lose a great deal.  I
do not agree with the opinion stating that responses should be posted
privately.  I learn a lot from all answers and oftentimes a question is
posted that I also need an answer to.  This is a forum for information and
education, please continue to provide your answers to all of us.  I do agree
with Pam Greene that we should encourage the use of the FAQ.  A lot of great
effort was put into that and it should be used for many of the routine
questions.  I also agree with Dr.  Williams' post that states he feels the
FML has gotten a bit contentious.  I hope that we can all get past that and
enjoy helping each other out like we always have.  Bill (and formerly Chris),
you have done a fabulous job (thanks) and I, for one, would like the FML to
stay the same.

Re: Treats
Debra and I must have read the same book. I also give my kids a modified
"Duck Soup" as a treat. It works out great in case they get sick, they are
already used to this mushy stuff and love it. I also give them cooked
chicken and some of them LOVE it. Otherwise I try to keep the treats light.

Re: Dick B. with the ferret that won't eat
This is not medical advice. I have a ferret that went through some surgery
about 4 months ago and had a very rough time. To keep her alive I fed her
"Duck Soup." She is now fine but she won't eat on her own. She WON'T eat
solid food and she has to be encouraged and reminded to eat her mush food.
Her weight is fine (over .5 pound more than b-4 her illness) but she seems
to have forgotten how to eat on her own. I have tried everything to get her
to eat to no avail. Maybe this little guy of yours has a similar problem
(whatever it is).

Re: Obligatory Cute Story
I am convinced I have the happiest (at least noisiest) ferret around. We
call him the Geiger counter because he walks around chuckling to himself
ALL THE TIME! He is the cutest thing you have ever seen. Yes, I know that's
a mom talking. ;->

Re: Ferret Union
You don't know what I go through to hide the FML from my little rascals
lately. If they got just a hint that a ferret union was being formed we'd
be in big trouble. They already have us hostage, who knows what they'll do
when they have all ferret voices united. I for one will try to keep them in
the dark. They are outrageously spoiled as is.

Well, I have definitely made my contribution to another lengthy FML. I hope
it doesn't change.

Uploading lots of ferret kisses to all,
Ronnie, Nancy, Maggie, Gordi and their mom, Jennifer