From:
JMYSHARONA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 11:49:25 EDT
I would have to say that Kat was the closest, at 27 ferrets to change a
light bulb.  I figure it depends on however many you have.  From my recent
experiance, all were more than happy to volunteer assistance.  I must say
I couldn't have done it without them!

Poor Scooter is so confused... He recently decided to try and stash his
Laxatone.  Just picture the confused look on his face when he couldn't set
it down!  I really did feel sorry for him, after I stopped giggling.

Now for MF;
The only price increases I've seen are on the pet store end.  They say it's
for "specialty" colors.  This being for an extra dark sable, a "silver bib"
(mutt, no insult intended), or recently what they said was a panda (an
almost blaze).  They seem to try for $30-$60 more than for more "common"
coloring.  I can't wait to see what they try to charge for a DEW.

As some of us already know, MF is in the middle of a law-siut against the
state of California.  I also have it on good word that they are in the
process of pushing for legislation in the state of NY to recognise the
1998 Rabies Compendium.  It seems unlikely that a company who's stock was
"decimmated", would willingly commit large amounts of funding toward legal
issues.

So far as NY legislation is concerned, it's still in the early stages with
nothing definate to report at this time.  Now would be a good time for
anyone in NY to start writing or calling their Assemblymen, Legislators, and
Senators.  Let them know, PRIOR to a bill coming around, that there are
residents who have an extreme interest in having their pet ferrets protected
by law, just as cats and dogs are.  As always, be polite, but firm while
stating your concerns.

As more information is available, it will be posted.

SP