From:
"Scarlet L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:54:36 -0400
Hi Everyone,
I noticed recently that my 7 year old ferret, Cindy, has lost a lot of
weight.  We have a vet's appointment but I was wondering what you all
thought.  Here is the scenario: back in May when Cindy's cagemate passed,
she got very depressed.  Within time she came out of it.  Since then
though she has not played like she use to.  Almost two weeks ago I
brought home a new kit, Monsoon, and I also purchased a new cage for
Cindy and Pete.  I'm not sure why the sudden weight loss.  I'm not sure
if it is depression or if she has something more serious.  We also live
in Arizona where it has been a very hot summer.  Pete has also lost some
weight but not like Cindy.  I picked her up this morning and could see
her ribs.  I've seen her eat but I know that I'm not filling the food
bowl as frequently as I was.  She still is up and about exploring.  One
thing I noticed recently is that she sometimes will follow me around and
stare up at me.  When I pick her up she immediately wants to be put back
down.  Then she will still stare up at me as if she wants something.  She
has also had one surgery about two years ago for adrenal.  She hasn't had
any problems since then and seem to be quite normal up until about a week
ago.  Any ideas?

Jennifer in AZ with Pete, Cindy, & Monsoon
(CJ from heaven)