From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 16:28:30 -0500
So last Saturday there was a fair on the campus where i go to school
(happens every year).  A group I belong to had a palm-reading booth, and I
brought the fuzzmonsters out to help (!).  They turned out to be a great
way of drawing people, who constantly stopped to pet them and comment on
how friendly and cute they were.  Illura and Lola also played the "unseen
forces" who moved the tablecloth from underneath...that is, until they both
fell asleep rolled up in it!  Taking them around the fair, I took note of
how many different kinds of animals they were mistaken for... here goes:
weasels, minks, rats, mice, puppies, kitties (these last two from littler
kids), squirrels, baby possums, i think there might have been raccoons in
there somewhere, and of course a few "what in the world are THOSE?"  Ah, a
ferret by any other name would smell as ferrety... A good time had by all,
Lola befriended a dachshund puppy being carried in a woman's backpack, and
there was a petting zoo that incidentally had ferrets in it-- didn't bring
my two over there, too many other animals and who knows about the health
risk.

One other funny thing, then I promise I'll end this long post: Last night
I heard Lola bonking around the room rather strangely.  I looked, and
realized she had her head stuck in a mitten!  It was so cute, though I
think she might have been a little annoyed with it.  She walked around for
a bit with the mitten on her head, but of course the second I was about to
take a picture she got the mitten off and wardanced it soundly.  Go figure.

All right, that's all, I swear! Love to everyone and their fuzzies.

Rachel, Illura Jade Crazyferret and Lola Pogo Mittenhead