From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:04:30 -0800
I currently am using a Midwest cage that I completly re modeled.

Instead of using the two nasty plastic shelves and the metal ramps I cut
wood shelves and covered then with nautical carpet.  I just decided to
remodel the cage and use a different color carpet.  When I pulled off
the old carpet which has been on for over a year, the wood was in perfect
condition.  The backing on the nautical carpet kept it dry.

As for the bottom with the deep groove.  I fixed that by taking a piece
of plastic carpet runner, the kind with the prickers on the bottom.  I
made sure that the piece I cut was at least eight inches all around to
big.  I then cut the corners diagionaly and folded them up and secured it
with clear tape.  I now had a internal panthat came up above the ridge
and kept the fuzzies from dumping food or poop in the groove corners.
Because there are prickers on the underside that the babies don't like
to touch, they don't try to pull it up or to get under it.

The home made rug runner pan makes the cage easer to clean.  The only
problem is that I have to wear gloves when I take the pan out because I
don't like theprickers either :)

Wendy from Harmony House
Where the only thing you need to get along here is four legs and fur