From:
Susan Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:12:47 MST
Hi guys... I figured instead of rumors getting started or any of that crazy
stuff... I called the lady at ZuPreem and brought up the concerns regarding
the high protein.  Her statement is: "The possibility of too much protein
has been considered by our vets and research department.  The food started
out at a lower protein and was gradually increased.  It is the findings of
our research, vets and testing etc... that a ferret will eat less of the
ZuPreem product, thus limiting the intake of protein and keeping the amount
correct.  Also due to the formulation of the food, the ferrets will abosorb
more of the nutrients, thus casuing the effects of less food eaten, less
watse (poop) and a fully nutritional product." She invited anyone who would
like more information to contact their offices at 1-800-345-4767.  The
person I have been speaking with is Gloria.

On a personal note, I must say... having contacted them as a shelter, they
have been extremely considerate, a pleasure to work with and very kind in
their offers to send a case of samples for us to hand out as well as a
large bag donated to the shelter.  They have been very professional,
personable a pleasure to work with.

Susan Malone
Ferres Unlimited Rescue Of Tulsa
Fanciful Ferrets By Pegasus