Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:15:13 -0400
Ferrets Magazine online is asking it's readers this question for their
next Buzz About Ferrets article. I am in love with this idea/topic.
It's brilliant, because ferret people are such fanatics that I imagine
most owners have an ongoing list of the silliest, strangest and
sweetest things they've ever done for their little fuzzbutts. I can't
wait to hear answers to this one. And I'm hoping for a big response.
This could be a great story if you all pitch in, and also share this
request with others.

The very question is so infectious I have to answer it myself. I just
can't stand it. So here we go.

The most unusual thing my husband, Scott, ever did for his ferrets was
to buy them matching black leather motorcycle jackets. He had just
become reinvolved with ferrets and owned?a pair of kits. Brothers.
Soon, he began ordering "clothes" for them. But the jackets took the
cake.

I would love to list the cutest and silliest things Sean has ever done
for his ferrets ... but the list is way, way too long. I'm not even
going there.

The most unusual thing my grown son has done for his ferret was to
bring him to a corporate meeting because he felt like he had not spent
enough time with him that week. Chet walked into the room dressed in
his formal managers uniform hauling a carrier with a fuzzie,
beady-eyed, little face peeking out at everyone.

And me? Yah, I bought a HOUSE for my ferrets. We could not afford a
home for many years. And when we did begin to make some money, we were
so starved for the little things we had sacrificed for so long (like
soda in the house, and movies, more than one pair of shoes lol, and
just buying "stuff", we didn't' quite understand how well we were
doing. We thought we still could not afford a home. One day, our
apartment complex changed ownership, and despite what the pet owning
renters contracts read and what deposits we had put down... we were
told to get rid of all our pets. Nobody wanted to bother fighting it.
they were too disgusted and mad to stay anyway. We ourselves, were
becoming very concerned about a few things living there anyway. Well,
when we went looking for another apartment, townhouse, or even a house
to rent .. nooooobody wanted us with our ferrets. Nobody. It did not
matter how sparkling our rental record was at various places while
owning ferrets during our lives, nobody wanted to chance it. And
believe me the management from our old apartments felt so bad, that
they offered to write us stunning referrals. We were forced to shop for
a home. It gets better. A home was not enough. No, my ferrets had to
have their own boudoir. It took weeks of looking before our real estate
agent really, really took us seriously about that and started showing
us viable homes rather than showing us houses with breakfast nooks,
extra large closets, basements, extra dining rooms, that she thought we
could fashion into some sort of pet area (which we could technically).
In the end. The ferrets got US the house. We could not get interest
rates low enough for us to get a big enough house that was not a
"fixer upper" (we had not one dime saved to fix old roofs, broken air
conditioners, patch walls, etc). Then this one mortgage company found
out about Sean and Rocky (I forget how). They met Sean and Rocky, and
there was a big meeting about us. The next day we were called in and
magically a super low interest rate appeared out of the air. We were
in! Hmm. I guess that does not count for this story, huh? that's more
like what is the wildest thing your ferret has ever done for you! lol.

Okay, please, do not reply to this on the list. Please send all
magazine. The story will be published soon online for everyone
to see!