From:
Caitlyn Bergeron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:22:31 -0500
First, I wanted to write and say thank you for meeting Quincy two weeks
ago and making sure he found his siblings all right - I've had nice
dreams of him in the glittering forest since then :-).

I know you've been very busy recently greeting many fuzzy angels that
have crossed the Bridge, but I wondered if you might have a moment to
keep an eye out for our wonderful Walton.  It seems too soon for me to
let him go, but it is his time - and it's a miracle that we've had him
as long as we have.  I guess we make him happy.  I hope so.

Walton came to us the day after Thanksgiving 2001 as a foster.  At over
five years old, he had adrenal and we soon learned, a collapsed lung and
a mass in or around his heart(the lack of air intake making major surgery
not-medically-advisable).

His shelter mommy said he just needed a lap to lie in for his last few
weeks or months.

He's proved us all wrong.  Even with all of his afflictions, which came
to include abdominal fluid and renal failure, he has been a trooper,
never complaining and loving to prowl the house at night and poop under
the bed. :-)

The most "unsocial to other ferrets" ferret I have ever met, he is a
people ferret, my special silver son, my W, my Waltonwuzzle.

He will pass your way tonight, with his daddy and me and his wonderful
vet-friend Dr. K helping him along.  Since he didn't like other ferrets
in life (and I'm not sure if the Bridge gives magical social qualities
or not), maybe you could let his siblings (Grommie, Quincy, Phineas and
Phoebe) know he's coming and do a little supervision?  He likes fleecy
sleepysacks and Bandits and ferretone and being held and kissed and...
so much else.

Thank you,
Caitie

Loving: Walton (today until forever), Romeo, Valentine, Buddy, Bean and =
Tuck
Missing: Grommie, Quincy, Phineas and Phoebe

[P.S.]
As it turns out, Walton passed at approximately 1:15pm today, sleeping in
his sleepysack on the bed with his mom.