From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 1998 18:34:54 +0100
A few issues ago I wrote that we now had 4 firms producing a complete
ferret food in the UK.  I bought my first supply of Companion's Choice
Ferret Complete Food at the National Ferret Fair on Sunday.  Both the
Chairman and Managing Director turned up at our show bringing stacks of
the ferret food with them.

I bought a 15 kg sack for 25 pounds. I believe that the normal retail
price per kilo is 2 pounds.

Analysis:-
Protein 39%, Fat 21%, Fibre 3.5%, Moisture 6%, Omega-6 Omega-3 Ratio
4.83:1.0, CaP Ratio 1.7:1.0, Vitamin A 20,000 IU/Kg, Vitamin D3
1,500 IU/Kg, Vitamin E 200 IU/KG (Alpha - Tocoherol Acetate) Copper 16Mg/Kg
(Cupric - Sulphate).

Ingredients:-
Fish Meal, Corn, Poultry Meal, Tallow, Zmegamore, Egg Powder, Chicken
Digest, Milk Powder, Yeast, Premium Vitamins & Minerals, Natural
Antioxidant, Lysine, DL-methionine, Taurine & Yucca Extract.

My ferrets like it and I am delighted with the service offered by the
Company.  I e-mailed them last night to ask where I could obtain further
supplies.  This morning I received a phone call from one of their reps who
said that he'd been in the area this afternoon.  He dropped off two 15 kg
bags and was only too happy to collect two post-dated cheques to pay for
them.  Companion's Choice appreciate that most animal shelters cannot put in
a large order for food as they basically buy food on a weekly basis.  I was
also told when I wanted further supplies just to call the office and I would
probably get delivery within a couple of days when the rep was in my area.

Charlie, the rep, took time out to meet most of my ferrets, Button a cute
polecat jill captured his heart and bestowed heaps of ferret kisses on him.

I would recommend this new food to any UK FMLer's the firm can be contacted
by e-mail at <[log in to unmask]> or by Tel/fax: 0151 494 9050.

Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare & National Ferret Welfare Society Newsletter Editor
http://www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm (Last Update 10 May, 1998)
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge: Jill, Deanna Troi & Cameron